[ovs-discuss] [openvswitch 2.10.0+2018.08.28+git.e0cea85314+ds2] testsuite: 975 2347 2482 2483 2633 failed

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Sep 4 21:06:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 09:20:45AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 09/02/2018 03:12 AM, Justin Pettit wrote:

> >> It probably hasn't changed from what he sent the first time around.
> >
> > Yes, "testsuite.log" was in the original message, so I don't need that.  Thomas, can you send me "ovs-vswitchd.log" and "ovn-controller.log"?  Does it consistently fail for you?
> >
> > --Justin
>
> Hi,
>
> As I blacklisted the above test, I uploaded to Sid, and now there's a
> number of failures on non-intel arch:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=openvswitch
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=openvswitch
>
> Ben, Justin, can you help me fix all of this?

Thanks for passing that along.

A lot of these failures seem to involve unexpected timeouts.  I wonder
whether the buildds are so overloaded that some of the 10-second
timeouts in the testsuite are just too short.  Usually, this is a
generous timeout interval.

I sent a patch that should help to debug the problem by doing more logging:
        https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/966087/

It won't help with tests that fully succeed, because the logs by default
are discarded, but for tests that have a sequence of waits, in which one
eventually fails, it will allow us to see how long the successful waits
took.

Any chance you could apply that patch and try another build?  Feel free
to wait for review, if you prefer.