[ovs-discuss] [OVN][NAT] About stateless processing nat type dnat_and_snat

探长0279 xulx0279 at dtdream.com
Tue Sep 25 03:07:11 UTC 2018

I have an idea:
For a one-to-one floating IP, the gateway's processing may not need to care about the session, let's say we do this:
    When the client accesses the VM through an external IP, only a simple stateless DNAT is needed, and a simple stateless SNAT is required for the response.
    When a VM accesses a public network, only a simple stateless SNAT is required at the gateway exit, and a simple stateless DNAT is required for the response.

For many-to-one SNATs and LBs with port, stateful processing is also required.

I want to ask everyone for suggestion. Is there any problem with this idea?
Thank you!