[ovs-discuss] setting inactivity_probe for Raft connections

Yun Zhou yunz at nvidia.com
Tue Sep 25 19:10:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are scale testing our Raft cluster setup, and saw messages like below in ovsdb-server-sb.log:

"2018-09-24T17:36:03.279Z|01246|reconnect|ERR|tcp:10.0.0.88:6644: no response to inactivity probe after 5 seconds, disconnecting"

We saw this kind of error before for ovn-central NB/SB connections (port 6641/6642), and understand it could happen when the system is heavily loaded. We already increased the probe interval for NB/SB connections and ovn-controller.

Can anyone please let us know how to increase the probe interval for the connections between Raft cluster node (port 6643/6644)? Or any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks
- Yun