[ovs-discuss] Packet drop after openvswitch bond interface toggles

Ian Stokes ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed Apr 3 12:03:45 UTC 2019

On 4/3/2019 12:28 PM, Inakoti, Satish (Nokia - HU/Budapest) wrote:
> Hello Ian,
> I already tried patching these two fixes in one of the environments sometime ago and did not help.

Ok, thanks for trying them.

> I kind of am thinking in the similar lines that the LACP control channel of OVS has to wait till the carrier is completely capable of handling traffic before sending LACP control pdu's.
> The below fixes may be missing a trick for the other types of netdevs (eg. DPDK) ??

Possibly, ideally the netdev_dpdk behavior would be similar to the other
netdevs, but as the underlying hardware for a netdev_dpdk device can
differ also, I'm wondering is there something specific with the ixgbe
pmd used by the 82599ES card that needs to be addressed here if the
patches below do not resolve the issue.

I'll need a little time to reproduce on my own system to investigate
further and I'll follow up then.

Ian