[ovs-discuss] Handling conf.db ownership on OVS_USER_ID changes

Jaime Caamaño Ruiz jcaamano at suse.de
Tue Apr 16 22:35:48 UTC 2019

> On any given system, I would expect ovsdb-server to run as the same
> user
> every time.  Is there a reason to sometimes use a different user?

Well, changing from root which was the only supported option in the
past and current default to a different user (like the suggested
openvswitch), this one time, might be somewhat common. And the scenario
that I am looking at is suporting a pianless upgrade through it.

So if that makes sense to you, I will go ahead with the patch.

BR
Jaime.