[ovs-discuss] [OVN] HA about OVN DB servers

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 11:12:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 3:44 PM taoyunupt <taoyunupt at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi,Numan,
>       Thanks for you reply. Do you have advice for choosing which proxy
> software for OVN DB servers?
>
>                                                                      proxy
> software

>  --------------------------------------------------------------
>      |                                     |
>                                       OVN DB                      OVN DB
>                      OVN DB

If you want to deploy with Active/Passive, I think you need to use
pacemaker with an IPAddr2 resource as VIP.

If you want to deploy with Active/Active, then I think you can use haproxy
to load balance with a front end VIP.
Or you can configure ovn-northd and ovn-controllers to connect to the whole
cluster with multiple remotes   - tcp:IP1:6641,tcp:IP2:6612,tcp:IP3:6641.
The OVSDB IDL supports this.

Thanks
Numan