[ovs-discuss] 答复: [ovs-dev] Why are iperf3 udp packets out of order in OVS DPDK case?

=?gb2312?B?WWkgWWFuZyAo0e6gRCkt1Ma3/s7xvK/NxQ==?= yangyi01 at inspur.com
Wed Aug 28 05:54:17 UTC 2019

Ian, here is my configuration, sorry I can't show flow details because it is
confidential. By the way, iperf3 tcp is ok and performance is good enough,
I'm really confused, udp was ok but tcp were not ok in my VM environment
before, it broke my sense :-), I can avoid out of order issue if I control
udp bandwidth to 1G by -b 1G.

The traffic doesn't reach vlan ports, this ovs node acts as a NAT gateway,
it steers the traffic back and forth between iperf3 client and server,
iperf3 client and server are other physical machines which are IP reachable
for this ovs node.

$ sudo ovs-vsctl show
4135a1ed-2bcb-449a-bb07-ed907d6c265f
    Bridge br-int
        Port br-int
            Interface br-int
                type: internal
        Port "vlan151"
            tag: 151
            Interface "vlan151"
                type: internal
        Port "vlan12"
            tag: 12
            Interface "vlan12"
                type: internal
        Port "dpdk0"
            Interface "dpdk0"
                type: dpdk
        Port "vlan11"
            tag: 11
            Interface "vlan11"
                type: internal
        Port "vlan153"
            tag: 153
            Interface "vlan153"
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "2.11.1"
$ sudo ovs-vsctl list Open_vSwitch
_uuid               : 4135a1ed-2bcb-449a-bb07-ed907d6c265f
bridges             : [778ea619-496c-417c-ac08-92d7784f1660]
cur_cfg             : 46
datapath_types      : [netdev, system]
db_version          : "7.16.1"
dpdk_initialized    : true
dpdk_version        : "DPDK 18.11.1"
external_ids        : {hostname="eip01", rundir="/var/run/openvswitch",
system-id="f331dcc0-8ae7-4f2b-aa30-10ae4c8a7b11"}
iface_types         : [dpdk, dpdkr, dpdkvhostuser, dpdkvhostuserclient,
erspan, geneve, gre, internal, "ip6erspan", "ip6gre", lisp, patch, stt,
system, tap, vxlan]
manager_options     : []
next_cfg            : 46
other_config        : {dpdk-init="true", dpdk-socket-mem="4096",
pmd-cpu-mask="0xfe"}
ovs_version         : "2.11.1"
ssl                 : []
statistics          : {}
system_type         : ubuntu
system_version      : "16.04"
inspur at eip01:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl -- get Interface dpdk0 mtu_request
9000

-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: Stokes, Ian [mailto:ian.stokes at intel.com]
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2019Äê8ÔÂ27ÈÕ 18:02
ÊÕ¼þÈË: Yi Yang (Ñî D)-ÔÆ·þÎñ¼¯ÍÅ <yangyi01 at inspur.com>;
ovs-discuss at openvswitch.org
³­ËÍ: ovs-dev at openvswitch.org
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [ovs-dev] Why are iperf3 udp packets out of order in OVS DPDK
case?

On 8/27/2019 9:35 AM, Yi Yang (Ñî D)-ÔÆ·þÎñ¼¯ÍÅ wrote:
> Hi, all
>

> I¡¯m doing experiments with OVS and OVS DPDK, only one bridge is there,
> ports and flows are same for OVS and OVS DPDK, in OVS case, everything
> works well, but in OVS DPDK case, iperf udp performance data are very
> poor, udp packets are out of order, I have limited MTU and send buffer
> by ¨Cl1410 ¨C M1410, anybody knows why and how to fix it? Thank you in
advance.

Hi,

can you provide more detail of you deployment? OVS version, DPDK version,
configuration commands for ports/flows etc.

Thanks
Ian