[ovs-discuss] OVS+OVN '19: Call for Participation
blp at ovn.org
Thu Aug 29 18:19:06 UTC 2019
[previously sent to ovs-announce, sorry about the duplication]
The Open vSwitch and OVN projects will host their sixth annual
conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on December 10 and 11,
2019, in the Red Hat offices in Westford, Massachusetts (near Boston).
We are seeking long and short ("lightning") talks on topics related to
Open vSwitch and OVN. We expect long talks to last 20 minutes with an
additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 5 minutes.
Topics that may be considered, among others, include:
* The future of Open vSwitch (e.g., AF_XDP, P4, eBPF).
* NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.
* Deploying and using OVN.
* Testing and scaling OVN.
* NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.
* Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.
* Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
or container systems.
* Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.
* Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.
* Open vSwitch development and testing practices.
* Performance measurements or approaches to improving
* End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.
* Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
* The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.
* Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
conjunction with Open vSwitch.
* Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
software switches, etc.).
* Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
and developer base.
* Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.
Talks will be recorded and made available online.
How to propose a talk
We are soliciting proposals for full talks and short ("lightning")
talks in a single round. You may propose a talk as a full talk, a
lightning talk, or for either one at the committee's discretion.
We will also accept proposals for panel discussions. Please submit
them as full talks and make it clear in the description that it is a
Please submit proposals to ovscon at openvswitch.org by September 23.
Proposals should include:
* Title and abstract.
* Speaker names, email addresses, and affiliations.
* Whether you are proposing a full talk or a lightning talk or
either one at the committee's discretion.
Speakers will be notified of acceptance by October 7.
Speakers should plan to attend the event in person. Travel and
accommodations are the responsibility of attendees.
How to attend
We expect to charge $200 for registration. We offer complimentary
registration to speakers, students, academics, and anyone for whom the
registration fee is burdensome. Please contact us if you need any
help obtaining a complimentary registration.
General registration is not yet open. We will announce when it opens.
To reach the organizers, email ovscon at openvswitch.org. For general
discussion of the conference, please use the ovs-discuss mailing list
at discuss at openvswitch.org.
More information about the discuss