[ovs-discuss] Can the ovs source code be modified???

Krish attkillrocks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:26:20 UTC 2019

Hi

Yes, you can modify the ovs code as per your requirements but before that
you need to understand and gain more knowledge about its mechanism and
study the call graphs, how the code flows. Once you understand this, it
will be easier for you.

For debugging packets, you can make use of VLOG Debugger.

You can access the list of the files which you can debug : "sudo ovs-appctl
vlog/list" and also set(enable debug) any file for vlog by using : "sudo
ovs-appctl vlog/set file_name:file:dbg" command.