[ovs-discuss] password in plain text?!

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri Feb 1 18:23:05 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 11:44:53AM +0100, Riccardo Ravaioli wrote:
> Why is the mailing list memberships reminder sending me my password in
> plain text? That's not too nice... :)
>
> Can that be fixed?

It's what mailman always does everywhere I"m aware of.  It's really made
clear on the subscription page: "You may enter a privacy password
below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from
messing with your subscription. Do not use a valuable password as it
will occasionally be emailed back to you in cleartext.

If you choose not to enter a password, one will be automatically
generated for you, and it will be sent to you once you've confirmed your
subscription. You can always request a mail-back of your password when
you edit your personal options. Once a month, your password will be
emailed to you as a reminder. "