[ovs-discuss] DPDK VXLAN setup, two flows on RX

rony bar-yanay ronybaryo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:31:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

I followed the setup presented in
http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/howto/userspace-tunneling, everything
works as expected.
looking more deeply, on RX I see that there are two flows generated. one in
the physical bridge and one in the internal bridge. When a packet is
processed it has to be looked twice in the dpif. first lookup finds the
outer tunnel data and do the decap, second flow lookup is for matching on
the internal
and forwarding the packet. On TX I see that the two stages are compiled
into one flow, and this saves performance.

my question is, is there a way to configure the vlxan setup so that it will
generate single flow for RX as well?

Thanks,
Roni