[ovs-discuss] [ovs-dev] how to enable the log of ovn

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:20:49 UTC 2019

Hi Yunxiang,

I see you are using OpenStack, since I don't know how it was deployed
I will assume that you have a developing environment with DevStack.

Using the OVN Northbound DB as an example, you can set the log level
to debug with the following command:

$ sudo ovs-appctl -t /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovnnb_db.ctl
vlog/set file:dbg
(the logs can be found at /opt/stack/logs/ovn-northd.log)

It's the same for other of the daemons. The ovn-northd one as a second
example would be:

$ sudo ovs-appctl -t
/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovn-northd.<PID>.ctl vlog/set file:dbg
(<PID> is the process ID of that daemon)

Hope that helps,
Lucas