[ovs-discuss] ovs-vswitchd memory consumption behavior

Fernando Casas Schössow casasfernando at outlook.com
Sat Feb 16 22:45:03 UTC 2019

That would be me.
I'm not really a experienced developer but I will do my best and find my way to follow your suggestions.

On sáb, feb 16, 2019 at 11:37 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 10:00:46PM +0000, Fernando Casas Schössow wrote:
Indeed OVS is logging memory usage. As you can see after running for around 4 months OVS memory usage grows as high as 15GB.:
Let me know if any other log information or command output can help to understand what's going on here.
It looks like a memory leak to me. Debugging this kind of memory leak usually requires an experienced developer. I can outline suggestions that such a developer could follow. Is there anyone available at your site (you, or someone else)?