[ovs-discuss] DPDK link state

Riccardo Ravaioli riccardoravaioli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 13:58:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

Let's say I have a basic setup with a Linux virtual machine with one
vhostuser interface, a physical interface in DPDK mode, and an OVS switch
with those two interfaces on it.
Can the VM know when the link on the physical interface is up or down?

I see that the command "ovs-ofctl show $bridge" reports this. I'm just not
sure if the VM needs to be told explicitly (in which case, the command
"ovs-ofctl mod-port $switch $port up/down" doesn't seem to work) or instead
it has all the necessary means to know this through the DPDK library.

Thanks!

Riccardo