[ovs-discuss] DPDK link state

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri Feb 22 00:15:09 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 02:58:16PM +0100, Riccardo Ravaioli wrote:
> Let's say I have a basic setup with a Linux virtual machine with one
> vhostuser interface, a physical interface in DPDK mode, and an OVS switch
> with those two interfaces on it.
> Can the VM know when the link on the physical interface is up or down?

Perhaps it could with help from a controller: a controller could note
the state of one interface (a physical one) and propagate that to
another interface (a virtual one).  However, I do not know whether
taking the host side of a virtual interface down is visible to a guest,
and the answer might differ from one virtualization environment or type
of virtual interface to another.