[ovs-discuss] Inserting and using the compiled OVS kernel modules

Levente Csikor csikor at tmit.bme.hu
Fri Jan 4 07:48:57 UTC 2019

I do not have any openvswitch in /sys/module.
I guess I need to have the module inserted correctly to have it, don't
I?

On the other hand, I have made the modules_install as well, and now
when I say modprobe openvswitch, dmesg says the version 2.10.0 has been
loaded and no errors have been raised during insertion.
However, lsmod|grep openvswitch returns nothing...strange.
I guess the latter is the main cause of not having openvswitch in
/sys/module/ :S

Any thoughts?

Cheers