[ovs-discuss] Confused how to set up an STP loop topology on BPI switches

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed Jan 9 05:00:12 UTC 2019

One solution might be to supply a unique vlan between each pair of switches:

vlan 111 s1,sw2
vlan 112 sw2,sw3
vlan 114 sw3,sw4
vlan 115 sw4,sw1

I *think* the issue is that with the lan ports all in the same vlan, the
hardware switch is switching packets, and not passing the packets up to
ovs.  And if the hardware switch does not have STP turned on, you will
end up with the loop.

With the segregating vlans, packets should then be passed to OVS for use
in it's bridging functions.