[ovs-discuss] netlink: 'ovs-vswitchd': attribute type 5 has an invalid length.

Levente Csikor csikor at tmit.bme.hu
Fri Jan 11 08:37:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have just compiled and install openvswitch 2.10.0, and everything
goes well with the configuration and set up, but when I first add a
bridge instance via sudo ovs-vsctl add-br, then dmesg says the
following warning/error:

netlink: 'ovs-vswitchd': attribute type 5 has an invalid length.

The system is still running, the bridge has been added, and so far no
issues have arisen.
However, should I care about this issue?

thanks,
levi

-----
ovsdb-server is started as follows:
sudo ovsdb-tool create
/etc/openvswitch/conf.db  /usr/share/openvswitch/vswitch.ovsschema

sudo ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock --
remote=db:Open_vSwitch,Open_vSwitch,manager_options --pidfile --detach

then, I issue the following commands:
sudo ovs-vsctl --no-wait init
export DB_SOCK=/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
sudo ovs-vswitchd unix:$DB_SOCK --pidfile --detach

and then the ovs-vsctl add-br..
------