[ovs-discuss] "ovs-vsctl destroy IPFIX" does not clear the table

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri Jan 18 17:09:06 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 03:36:08PM +0800, Rockmen Jack wrote:
> I tried on 2.8.0 and 2.10.1, both failed to clear the table but there
> is no error printed, the return code was 0 as well. It turns out
> "ovs-vsctl clear Bridge br0 ipfix" will do the work, which is a
> confusing behavior.(also means we can't clear IPFIX table in a batch
> but only one by one)

Did you read the documentation?

       [--if-exists] destroy table record...
              Deletes each specified record from table.  Unless --if-exists is
              specified, each records must exist.

       --all destroy table
              Deletes all records from the table.

              Caution (ovs-vsctl as example)
                     The destroy command is only useful for records in the QoS
                     or  Queue  tables.  Records in other tables are automati‐
                     cally deleted from the database when they become unreach‐
                     able from the Open_vSwitch table.  This means that delet‐
                     ing the last reference to  a  record  is  sufficient  for
                     deleting the record itself.  For records in these tables,
                     destroy is silently ignored.  See  the  EXAMPLES  section
                     below for more information.