[ovs-discuss] Error starting domain: internal error: Unable to add port vnet0 to OVS bridge br0

donglu mfzjsaq at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:07:03 UTC 2019

Hi,
I am trying to create a KVM virtual machine using OVS bridge but I get the error :’ Error starting domain: internal error: Unable to add port vnet0 to OVS bridge br0’

I have tried some solutions but they do not work for my linux server. For example, I edit the VM’s xml file and make it support ovs bridge type.

I wonder why I get this error, since I have created the ovs bridge and add it to VM’s xml.

Another thing is that if I use the same configuration on another Ubuntu server, which has not installed OVS yet,the error will not accur if I use ‘apt-get install’to install ovs. But if I run the VM on the server whose openvswitch is installed by xxx.tar.gz,as show in the ovs official website, the error appears.

I use (Open vSwitch) 2.6.4.

Thanks,
Lu