[ovs-discuss] connect vxlan to localhost

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Jul 2 17:15:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 10:46:16AM +0200, Miroslav Kubiczek wrote:
> I'm struggling with the %subj%. The problem is that OVS is allocating the
> same port on both sides (src and dst) for vxlan port. So if I'm running my
> UDP server on port 4789 and then starting the bridge, the following
> 'add-port' command will fail:

I am not sure whether the kernel is flexible enough to handle this.  Is
it possible to configure kernel VXLAN tunnels at the same time as
running your server?  If it is possible, then maybe OVS userspace can be
adapted to do it.  If it is not possible, then it would take kernel
changes (outside of the OVS kernel module, probably) for OVS userspace
to be able to do it; while that does not make it impossible, it does
make it a bigger job.