[ovs-discuss] seek help about ovs-dpctl syntax

wjhai23 wjhai23 at 163.com
Sun Jul 21 15:06:38 UTC 2019

hello,
I have a trouble about how to use ovs-dpctl tool to insert flow to datapath, and need your help.

As we know, ovs-dpctl is used to control device or flow of datapath in kernel modules.  And i am testing packet forward performance only with flow( not include upcall), so need to insert Flow to kernel module,  it works well when execute flow commands relate general ports:

ovs-dpctl add-flow myDP "in_port(1),eth(),eth_type(0x0806),arp()" 2
ovs-dpctl add-flow myDP "in_port(2),eth(),eth_type(0x0806),arp()" 1

When I insert flow which involve in vxlan port,  it failed always, for these flow and actions do not match the syntax used with ovs−ofctl.  anybody can help me learn ovs-dpctl flow syntax or supply some similar commands.

Thanks.