[ovs-discuss] Q-in-Q tagging

Eric Garver eric at garver.life
Tue Jul 23 12:28:10 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 07:00:16PM +0000, Heim, Dennis wrote:
> Yes, that is what I want. Packet from vlan 10 arrive at e1.  S-vlan
> tag 500 added and sent via e0. That does not work. However, packets
> arriving via e0 with 2 vlan tags, are routed to e1 after stripping the
> s-vlan (500) tag.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread. But please make sure to set the
following otherwise VLAN packets are treated as singly tagged (for
compatibility reasons).

    ovs-vsctl set Open_Vswitch . other_config:vlan-limit=2

Double tag matching, dot1q-tunnel, etc will _not_ work as expected
unless you set this config option.

[..]