[ovs-discuss] OVS Flow Stats

Ramneek Sekhon ramneeksekhon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 01:15:30 UTC 2019

Dear  Wei Yanqin

Thanks for your response. Any help in this regard shall be greatly
appreciated.

Yes, I am running ovs (kernel mode) on manycore machine. All the traffic
received from pktgen via port 0 is simply forwarded to port 1 of the  NIC,
and performance is measured in the pktgen.
The ovs_dp_process_packet calls ovs_execute_actions,  ovs_flow_stats_update
and ovs_flow_tbl_lookup_stats.
The ovs_flow_stats_update involves __raw_spin_locks which might affect the
performance and scalability on manycore systems.
I used the perf and flamegraphs to trace the code path to find the
bottlenecks.

Please let me know if any additional information is required. I am
interested in diabling/bypassing the flow stats update to see the effect on
the performance.

Thanks and Regards
Ramneek