[ovs-discuss] [HELP] Question about mirror across bridges

txfh2007 txfh2007 at aliyun.com
Mon Jul 29 09:25:51 UTC 2019

Hi all:
     I have a question about mirror, in my env I have two ovs briges br0 and br1, the vm is on br0(tap0) and the nic is on br1(eth0). Port vxlan1 is also on br0 to transport mirring traffic . when I create mirror as below:
ovs-vsctl \
-- --id=@output get port vxlan1 \
-- --id=@target get port tap0 \
-- --id=@m create mirror name=m0 select-dst-port=@target select-src-port=@target output-port=@output \
-- set bridge br0 mirrors=@m

 I hope I can monitor ingress and egress traffic of tap0. But I have found the traffic which from eth0 on br1 to tap0 on br0 cannot be mirrored. I guess the reason is eth0 is on another bridge but the mirror configuration is only based on br0,am i right? But how could i mirror traffic from eth0 to tap0 out to port vxlan1 ?

Thanks !
Timo