[ovs-discuss] GRE over IPv6 configuration

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:44:52 UTC 2019

On 6/12/2019 2:47 PM, Gregory Rose wrote:

> On 6/12/2019 2:20 AM, Eli Britstein wrote:
>>

>> I started to code a support for upstream kernel. With this, the OVS
>> port is created, as well as the netdev Linux device. I still don't
>> have traffic, but I'm not sure it is not something else.
>>
>> Could you please have a look (and even better try?) still need to tidy up
>>
>> https://github.com/elibr-mellanox/linux/tree/ovs-ipv6-gre

I'm going to copy William Tu on this.  He has worked on the upstream
drivers to enable ERSPAN, which runs over gre.

William,

Eli is trying to implement an ip6gre vport module for upstream.  You can
see his patches at the link above.  I've never
thought about it before but it appears there is a gap between our out of
tree ip6gre support and the upstream.  Do
you expect ip6gre to work on the upsream OVS right now or is this truly
a gap?

Thanks,

- Greg