[ovs-discuss] GRE over IPv6 configuration

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 20:15:41 UTC 2019

On 6/14/2019 10:55 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:30:18AM -0700, Gregory Rose wrote:

>>> Um, that's weird.  We don't document it.  I thought for sure that we
>>> tried to make our "regular" tunnels just accept both IPv4 and IPv6
>>> addresses.
>> Hmm, no documentation.  Uh, that's not good.  I'll check that.
> Did you get a chance to take a look?  It would be good to improve the
> documentation.

My apologies but no, not yet.  I have this task flagged and will get to
it sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile, there seems to be a gap between out of tree OVS capabilities
with ip6gre and what is upstream.  I can
document what our out of tree kernel drivers can do but will need to
investigate further for what is going on with the
upstream ip6 gre.

Thanks,

- Greg