[ovs-discuss] GRE over IPv6 configuration

William Tu u9012063 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 13:58:38 UTC 2019

> ip6gre is definitely not working in the upstream kernel.  I'm looking
> into it.  I think Eli has stumbled onto a gap between
> our out of tree drivers and the upstream drivers.

Thanks
I tested on kernel 5.1
ip6erspan (which depends on ip6gre) works ok
root at ovs-smartnic:~/ovs# ovs-vsctl add-port br0 p1 -- set int p1
type=ip6erspan options:remote_ip=fc00:100::1

but ip6gre does not work
root at ovs-smartnic:~/ovs# ovs-vsctl add-port br0 p2 -- set int p2
type=ip6gre options:remote_ip=fc00:100::1
ovs-vsctl: Error detected while setting up 'p2': could not add network
device p2 to ofproto (Address family not supported by protocol).  See
ovs-vswitchd log for details.
ovs-vsctl: The default log directory is "/usr/local/var/log/openvswitch".

William