[ovs-discuss] OVS and vxlan processor on the same host

Miroslav Kubiczek miroslav.kubiczek at adaptivemobile.com
Tue Jun 18 15:03:03 UTC 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to setup openvswitch with a server which process vxlan
traffic on the same host?

I'd like to setup vxlan with:

sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vtep -- set interface vtep type=vxlan
option:remote_ip=127.0.0.1 option:key=flow ofport_request=10

Then I'd like to start my server listening for UDP packets on the vxlan
port 4789 but it fails because the port is already allocated by openvswitch.

So is there a way to configure vxlan port where the OVS is listening on
and the remote port on which the vxlan data are sent to?

Thanks in advance

Miroslav