[ovs-discuss] Bridge datapath_type gets reset after couple of reboots

Shriroop Joshi (shrirjos) shrirjos at cisco.com
Thu Jun 20 00:34:31 UTC 2019

Hi all

I encountered a strange problem with OVS-DPDK. I created a bridge and changed its datapath_type to netdev after initializing DPDK.
After a couple of reboots, it's datapath_type gets reset with DPDK initialized. Also, vnics connected to the bridge get disconnected. We don't have any interfaces connected to the bridge.

I have attached two instances of the problem reproduced on two different machines. Please point out if there's anything wrong with the setup.

# ovs-vswitchd --version
ovs-vswitchd (Open vSwitch) 2.9.3
DPDK 17.11.0

Regards,