[ovs-discuss] OFPACT_DEC_TTL in kernel space

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Tue Jun 25 00:39:23 UTC 2019

We try to implement the minimum interface that we can in the kernel.  Usually the TTL doesn't change across a flow, so matching on a particular TTL value and setting a new value isn't a problem.  Plus, it allows us flexibility to stack multiple OpenFlow decrements (useful for logical routers, for example) to become a single modify action in the kernel.

Is there a particular use-case that requires decrement?

--Justin