[ovs-discuss] Error starting domain: internal error: Unable to add port vnet0 to OVS bridge br0

Levente Csikor csikor at tmit.bme.hu
Fri Mar 8 12:58:13 UTC 2019

Hi Harsh,

I have recently made the same and it was working.
>From this output, I am not entirely sure what the problem could be...
Are you sure you have started openvswitch properly and created the
bridge with no errors?

Do the ovs-vsctl show command print out your br0 bridge?

Your openvswitch service in the background might have started already
when you booted up the system and your new br0 was already existed so
there could have been an error when you manually created your own...

Are you sure you have the right privileges to add a port to the switch?
Is everything running as root/sudo?

Do you have all required libvirt packages installed properly (I have
libvirt-bin,libvirt-clients,libvirt-daemon, libvirt0,libvirt-daemon-
system)?
Are you sure that libvirtd is running in the background? (ps aux |grep
libvirtd)

For now, I can only think about these! Would you be so kind as to share
more details?

Cheers,
cs.lev