[ovs-discuss] OVS

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Mar 20 01:25:58 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 05:19:42PM +0530, Ammu wrote:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55223517/allow-df-not-to-be-set-on-gre-vxlan-tunnels

That question reads:

    I have created a bridge with a tunnel interface(be it either
    vxlan/gre) and an internal interface. When incoming packets get
    encapsulated with either vxlan/gre tunnel header, I don't want the
    DF bit set on the outer IP layer of tunnelled packet.

    Despite setting df_default tunnel option to False while creating the
    tunnel interface, I get the DF bit set on the outer IP layer of the
    tunnelled packet.

Glancing through the userspace and datapath code in the tree, it looks
to me like the DF setting propagates through the whole stack, so I'm
surprised there's a bug.  Perhaps Greg can take a look at some point, if
he has time.

We probably need to know what version of OVS you're using, what version
of the kernel you're running, and whether you're using the Linux kernel
built-in version of the OVS kernel module or the one that is shipped
with OVS itself.