[ovs-discuss] Python: connect to leader in cluster

Ted Elhourani ted.elhourani at nutanix.com
Wed Mar 20 19:52:29 UTC 2019

Numan,

This patch is currently at v5:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1031257/

Please let me know if there are additional comments that we need to address.

Thanks,
Ted

On Dec 27, 2018, at 1:28 AM, Numan Siddique <nusiddiq at redhat.com<mailto:nusiddiq at redhat.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 2:54 AM Ted Elhourani <ted.elhourani at nutanix.com<mailto:ted.elhourani at nutanix.com>> wrote:
Numan,

I submitted a python idl patch for the leader-only option.

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2018-December/354605.html [mail.openvswitch.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mail.openvswitch.org_pipermail_ovs-2Ddev_2018-2DDecember_354605.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=s883GpUCOChKOHiocYtGcg&r=mB3ItZGjEYI9nn4mb7sBHd5RJ9XbfVZnYVRmdST65Cg&m=BjJq6WBShxhl7iSyfqMY5ni4Od2oUB3ZPAai7jkDfQs&s=LrVzcGccPZ-ZtURFyt94Wz42eHRKM2Xxw4Rv6etGzaw&e=>

The code that implements the state machine of the IDL can be simplified.  As a first step toward enhancing the implementation, I have only extended the current implementation with the leader-only selection of a cluster node, I haven’t made changes to the existing code or the way it is implemented.

Thanks. I will take  a look at it.

Numan

Thanks,
Ted