[ovs-discuss] In which directory shoould I install OVS?

Harsh Gondaliya harshgondaliya_vinodbhai at srmuniv.edu.in
Fri Mar 29 12:55:16 UTC 2019

If I am installing from source, to which directory I should do the make
install setup so that I don't get any permission issues.
I generally follow these steps for installation
Download Tarball
Extract at /usr/src
cd ovs
./configure --with-dpdk=/...path to x86_64.../
make install

My basic aim is to connect two VMs to OVS-DPDK bridge via vhost user ports.
But, I routinely run into some or other permission issues. Being new to
Linux, I struggle in installing from source.

I want to know what steps to follow to set up OVS DPDK and then
successfully connect VMs via vhost user port.