[ovs-discuss] Question about Select mechanism (ECMP) of Group table

Gyeongsik Yang ksyang at os.korea.ac.kr
Fri Mar 29 16:29:11 UTC 2019

Hi, folks. I'm trying to test the "Select" function of the group table
based on the OpenFlow 1.3 protocol on the OVS 2.5 version.
I created 10 flows over a single host pair in the network topology which
has two equal cost paths between the host pair.

By repeating the evaluation with the same packet header, I expected that
OVS would select the bucket for each flow in a similar way for every
evaluation.
However, I noticed that the selection was different for every case.

Is the hashing scheme of the OVS stochastic?
Please let me know.

Regards,
G Yang.