[ovs-discuss] Amazon like networking vpc with ovn

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 20:50:00 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 1:34 PM Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:

> пт, 8 мар. 2019 г. в 19:58, Numan Siddique <nusiddiq at redhat.com>:
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:37 AM Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>
wrote:

> >> Hi. I'm reading about ovn, openstack networking with ovn.
> >> I want to create something like amazon vpc.
> >> Create networking global between two locations. With router that can
be publicly available,  in each location - subnet with addr from global
network range.
> >> Each subnet connected to global network. So vps in one zone can reach
vps in another zone in this subnets via router.
> >> Does it possible to do that via ovn?
> >

> > Hi Vasiliy,
> >
> > If you are able to do the same with OpenStack ML2OVS  Neutron
(reference implementation with agents), then I think it should be possible
with OVN.

> Main problem, i don't know does it possible to do that with ML2OVS
neutron =)

> > I guess you are talking about 2 independent OpenStack (with OVN)
deployments and talking to each other.

> I'm prefer to have independent ovn setups on each location connected
> via vxlan tunnels and controlled via cms

Hi Vasiliy,

OVN doesn't yet support tunnel interconnection between different OVN
setups. It would be a great feature to support routing between logical
routers from different OVN setups through tunnels between gateways. I think
it shouldn't be too difficult to support this in OVN.

If you require a L2 network (logical switch) spanning multiple OVN setups,
it might be more tricky. (if so, what's the use case?)

Thanks,
Han