[ovs-discuss] LSC does not affect traffic flow

Christopher Seeley christopher.seeley at metova.com
Wed May 1 18:02:41 UTC 2019

Good afternoon. I have run across a problem using version 2.9.2 on Ubuntu
18.04.2. When the bridge is set to a down state, traffic is still flowing
through it. Is there a configuration that I have missed?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Clean Ubuntu 18.04.2 install
2) sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
3) sudo apt install openvswitch-switch openvswitch-common -y
4) sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0 -- add-port br0 eth0 -- add-port br0
intern-extern -- set interface intern-extern type=internal
5) sudo ip addr flush dev eth0 && sudo dhclient intern-extern
6) sudo ip link set down dev br0
7) run ping  and still get a response

Any assitance you can give me with this would be appreciated.

--
Christopher Seeley
Software Developer I