[ovs-discuss] How to use group bucket actions with specific controller id? Is it possible?

Yoonhee Choi youni88page at gmail.com
Thu May 16 07:18:32 UTC 2019

Hi.

I am implementing network control logic with an open source ryu controller.
When I search the internet, I can use the controller id in the *T**h**e* *c*
*o**n**t**r**o**l**l**e**r* *a**c**t**i**o**n *part of ovs-ofctl manual.

> http://www.openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovs-actions.7.html

I want to use it with the *group entry*. like below.

$ ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-flow br0
table=1,priority=100(...etc..),actions=group:1
$ ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-group br0 "group_id=1, type=select,
bucket=controller(reason=no_match,max_len=65530,id=2)"

In other words, I want to send packets to the ryu controller with a
specific controller id through the action buckets in the group entry.

I knew how to specify the ryu controller id in the source via the mail
archive link below.
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ryu-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg13807.html

It works when the controller id is added to the actions of the actual table
flow instead of group.

but It doesn't work with group bucket function.. :(
ovs can not pass to a controller with a specific id.

only the default controller option without parameters works like below.

> group_id=1,type=select,bucket=actions=CONTROLLER:65535

Does ovs group bucket action can send to specific controller with id?
I want to insert serveral controller id (actions) with one bucket

I would like you to introduce me if there is a method.

p.s
* Verison info
ubuntu 16.04

ovs-ofctl (Open vSwitch) 2.5.5