[ovs-discuss] Flow Monitoring

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri May 24 03:39:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:46:40PM -0400, Vasu Dasari wrote:
> Thanks for digging into this. My comments inline. I am sorry that I had to
> differ from your analysis.

Thank you for the correction.  You are right: this is buggy.  OVS does
not and should not claim to support flow monitoring except as an OVS
extension.  I knew that the support was not there before, although I
though we had added it recently, but I did not know that OVS tried
to support it before.

Ashish submitted a patch back in January to add full support:
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2019-January/355778.html
and we discussed it a bit:
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2019-February/355901.html
but I do not know of a v3.

Ashish, is there a newer version of this patch?

However, for 2.11 and earlier, I expect that the best we can do is to
simply change this request so that it provokes an error.