[ovs-discuss] OVS deleting flows from the datapath on exit

Guru Shetty guru at ovn.org
Wed Nov 6 17:39:12 UTC 2019

It may have come from this commit instead:

commit 9b5422a98f817b9f2a1f8224cab7e1a8d0bbba1f
Author: Ilya Maximets <i.maximets at samsung.com>
Date:   Wed Dec 16 15:32:21 2015 +0300

    ovs-lib: Try to call exit before killing.

    While killing OVS may not free all allocated resources.

Previously we used to SIGTERM ovs-vswitchd and even now, it looks like
doing that prevents the flush of datapath flows.