[ovs-discuss] ovs-vswitchd.service crashes

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Nov 6 17:48:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 01:59:36PM +0100, Koukal Petr wrote:
> The problem is the same even if hw-offload is off.
>
> I'm sending a log from ovs-vswitchd.log just after restarting the whole
> openvswitch-switch.
> Here you can see what happens before the assertion pops up.
>
> ethtool -K phys1-1 hw-tc-offload off
> ethtool -K phys1-2 hw-tc-offload off

This demonstrates turning off hardware offload at the ethtool level.
However, even with that, I believe that OVS will still try to use it if
OVS is configured for hardware offload.  It looks like your OVS does
have hardware offload enabled.  To turn it off, run:

ovs-vsctl set Open_vSwitch . other-config:hw-offload=false

Then restart OVS and see if it makes a difference.