[ovs-discuss] OVS/OVN docker image for each stable release

aginwala aginwala at asu.edu
Fri Nov 8 22:18:41 UTC 2019

Hi all:

I have pushed two images to public openvswitch org on docker.io for ovs and
ovn;
OVS for ubuntu with 4.15 kernel:
*openvswitch/ovs:2.12.0_debian_4.15.0-66-generic*
             run as : docker run -itd --net=host --name=ovsdb-server
openvswitch/ovs:2.12.0_debian_4.15.0-66-generic ovsdb-server
                        docker run -itd --net=host --name=ovs-vswitchd
 --volumes-from=ovsdb-server --privileged
openvswitch/ovs:2.12.0_debian_4.15.0-66-generic ovs-vswitchd

OVN debian docker image:  *openvswitch/ovn:2.12_e60f2f2_debian_master* as
we don't have a branch cut out for ovn yet. (Hence, tagged it with last
commit on master)
    Follow steps as per:
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/master/Documentation/intro/install/general.rst

Thanks Guru for sorting out the access/cleanups for openvswitch org on
docker.io.

We can plan to align this docker push for each stable release ahead.