[ovs-discuss] Does flows modifying arp field or using registers could only be used in slow path ?

kai xi fan kaixi.f at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:35:43 UTC 2019

Because there isn't much benefit.  I do not know of any applications
where high-bandwidth flows modify ARP fields.

There is a type of attack which could send lots of arp request at a time.
If all of them are sent to the user-space, it will degrade the performance.

Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> 于2019年11月20日周三 上午2:48写道: