[ovs-discuss] [bug-report] Check Python IDL reconnects to leader unit case failed on arm64

Lance Yang (Arm Technology China) Lance.Yang at arm.com
Thu Nov 21 07:54:09 UTC 2019

Hi,
I encountered an issue when I was running testsuite on Arm.
The system I tested on was an arm server running Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-65-generic aarch64).
After I downloaded the up-to-date source code on master branch and built ovs, I run the testsuite with TESTSUITEFLAGS="2105" (Unit case name: Check Python IDL reconnects to leader) I run the unit case for many times, most of the time I got the following failure:
make check TESTSUITEFLAGS="2105" RECHECK=yes
make  check-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs'
Making check in datapath
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make[3]: 'distfiles' is up to date.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs/datapath'
make  utilities/ovs-appctl-bashcomp.bash utilities/ovs-vsctl-bashcomp.bash tests/atlocal
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'utilities/ovs-appctl-bashcomp.bash'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'utilities/ovs-vsctl-bashcomp.bash'.
make[3]: 'tests/atlocal' is up to date.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs'
make  check-local
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/lance/ovs'
set /bin/bash './tests/testsuite' -C tests AUTOTEST_PATH=utilities:vswitchd:ovsdb:vtep:tests::; \
"$@" -j2 2104-2105 || (test X'' = Xyes && "$@" --recheck)
## ------------------------------- ##
## openvswitch 2.12.90 test suite. ##
## ------------------------------- ##

2105: Check Python IDL reconnects to leader - Python3 (leader only) FAILED (ovsdb-idl.at:1816)

## ------------- ##
## Test results. ##
## ------------- ##

ERROR: All 1 test was run,
1 failed unexpectedly.
## -------------------------- ##
## testsuite.log was created. ##
## -------------------------- ##

Please send `tests/testsuite.log' and all information you think might help:

   To: <bugs at openvswitch.org>
   Subject: [openvswitch 2.12.90] testsuite: 2105 failed

You may investigate any problem if you feel able to do so, in which
case the test suite provides a good starting point.  Its output may
be found below `tests/testsuite.dir'.

## ------------------------------- ##
2105: Check Python IDL reconnects to leader - Python3 (leader only) FAILED (ovsdb-idl.at:1816)

## ------------- ##
## Test results. ##
## ------------- ##

ERROR: 1 test was run,
1 failed unexpectedly.
## -------------------------- ##
## testsuite.log was created. ##
## -------------------------- ##

Please send `tests/testsuite.log' and all information you think might help:

   To: <bugs at openvswitch.org>

You may investigate any problem if you feel able to do so, in which
case the test suite provides a good starting point.  Its output may
be found below `tests/testsuite.dir'.

Makefile:6151: recipe for target 'check-local' failed
make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs'
Makefile:5275: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs'
Makefile:4984: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/lance/ovs'
Makefile:5278: recipe for target 'check' failed
make: *** [check] Error 2

I attached the tests/testsuite.dir/testsuite.log to this email.  I also attached the logs for ovsdb. Any hints on what is wrong here?
Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Lance Yang