[ovs-discuss] Guidance Needed for GRE Tunnel

SAMRAT PRAVIN PATEL samrat.patel at utah.edu
Wed Oct 2 19:22:34 UTC 2019

Hi ,

I am trying to connect two openvswitch on GENI. So for GRE tunnel we need to add the remote IP of the physical interfaces of the openvswitch ? Please guide me . Hoping for your response.

sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 gre0 -- set interface gre0 type=gre options:remote_ip=10.10.1.3 ( These are the ip address of the host pcs)

sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 gre0 -- set interface gre0 type=gre options:remote_ip=10.10.1.4

( These remote are the ip address of the host pcs)

Regards

Samrat Pravin Patel