[ovs-discuss] Build OpenvSwitch on Oracle Linux 8

Gilbert Standen gilstanden at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 22:09:11 UTC 2019

Also need "sudo yum -y install python27" which I had left out ... and that should be everything finally for this build of openvswitch 2.11.1 on Oracle Linux 8

                        if [ $Release -eq 8 ]
                        then
                                sudo yum -y install python27                                              <--this is also needed
                                sudo yum -y install python3-sphinx
                                sudo yum -y install python3-six
                                sudo yum -y install selinux-policy-devel unbound-devel     <--this is also needed
                                sudo alternatives --set python /usr/bin/python3
                                python3 -m venv py36env
                                source py36env/bin/activate
                                python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
                                python3 -m pip install six
                                python3 -m pip install sphinx
                                sed -i 's/python-six/python3-six/g'       openvswitch.spec
                                sed -i 's/python-sphinx/python3-sphinx/g' openvswitch.spec
                                sleep 5
                        fi

                        sed -i 's/python >= 2.7/python27/g'       openvswitch.spec         <--this is also needed

                        rpmbuild --define "_topdir /opt/olxc/"$DistDir"/uekulele/openvswitch/rpmbuild" -ba openvswitch.spec