[ovs-discuss] Guidance Needed for OpenVSwith VLAN

Orabuntu-LXC gilbert at orabuntu-lxc.com
Thu Oct 3 19:45:49 UTC 2019

Hi Sam,

You may want to download my Orabuntu-LXC project from github and inspect
the scripts (they are in bash and are very accessible therefore) because
Orabuntu-LXC uses VLANs. Basically Orabuntu-LXC uses patch ports on the
OpenvSwitches together with VLANs to push traffic selectively from any
switch over the single GRE tunnel on just one pair of switches.  You should
be able to reverse engineer and understand how it works by looking at the
crt_ovs_sw1.sh and crt_ovs_sx1.sh scripts, and if you have any questions
just respond back to me I will try to help.

Thanks G

Gilbert Standen
Creator Orabuntu-LXC
914-261-4594