[ovs-discuss] Delete port ,but the port is not deleted.

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Mon Oct 14 18:00:14 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:27:07PM +0800, ccdbpy at sina.com wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>        I have a trouble.After nova executed 'ovs-vsctl --timeout=5 -- --if-exists del-port tapc6bd9ac8-ff' , the port is not deleted.
>        I have examined the log of ovsdb-server, feeling surprise,as if the port is deleted, then is added again.
>        I don't know what other people have done for this. Please help me.
>        ovsdb-server log:(ovsdb-tool -mm show-log)
>
>        [root at js02-compute-10e135e96e71 nova]# ovsdb-tool -mm show-log | grep tapc6bd9ac8-ff

Something is adding the port back.  It's hard to tell what software is
doing that just by looking at the output of your "grep", because the
"grep" is throwing away a lot of the important context.  Probably, if
you looked at lines near the ones that insert the new rows, you would
see a comment that explains what software is adding the new rows.