[ovs-discuss] Policer

V Sai Surya Laxman Rao Bellala laxmanraobellala at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 05:31:32 UTC 2019

Hello all,

   - I working on the GNS3 and I am using Openvswitch and Ostinato traffic
   generator for sending traffic and Wireshark for capturing the packets.
   - I am sending the traffic at 700kbps and applying policer of 100kbps.
   but it is not working.
   - I used following commands for applying policers at the ingress side.

           ovs-vsctl set interface eth1 ingress_policing_rate=100
           ovs-vsctl set interface eth1 ingress_policing_burst=30

   - I am attaching my network configuration in this email. Please give
   suggestions if anyone worked with policer and understood how it behaves at
   lower rates.

Waiting for reply

Regards
Laxman